Gridskipper, a blog for travelers and locals, has a great post about the finest fromageries in Paris. I was surprised to find one of them, Eric Lefèbvre, is literally around the corner from my apartment. I’ve shopped there many times but did not know of the pedigree.
This fourth generation master cheesemaker operates from an out of the way Parisian neighborhood and offers some superb regional cheeses which he selects personally during his visits to creameries and farms around France. His camemberts and stiltons are legendary.The Finest Fromage in Paris
This article spotlights other fromageries that are located outside of the city’s center. I smell a road-trip in the future. I need to grab my bike and go shopping.
- Fromagerie Lefèbvre — Fromageries de Paris
- Address: 229, rue de Charenton, 75012 Paris
- Phone: 01-46-28-10-21, 01-46-28-62-07
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.; closed Sunday afternoons & Mondays.
- Proprietors: Eric & Patricia Lefèbvre